code of conduct
In view of our social role 75inQ attaches great value to the trust that society places in us.
This means that 75inQ would like to implement all its activities with integrity. Both volunteers and paid employees are involved in the implementation of these activities. Volunteers are an important part of the organization. We are accountable for the rules of conduct indicated in this document.
- Integrity for 75inQ does not depend on rules and sanctions. The key concepts are transparency and accountability.
- The rules of conduct apply to everyone associated with 75inQ (both volunteers and employees).
- All volunteers and employees act within the law and regulations and generally accepted social norms and values.
- For specific positions it may be mandatory to submit a Dutch VOG upon commencement of employment.
- Reporting a potential conflict of interest that may be of material or other significance to the foundation will be reported immediately in accordance with the complaints procedure. All relevant information is hereby provided.
- Violation of this code is considered a serious matter by 75inQ. Depending on the seriousness of the violation steps will be taken. This varies from a warning to a note in the file or exemption from the (volunteer) position. Corruption and fraud will not be tolerated. If this is suspected, (temporary) suspension is possible. The police are always involved in crimes and violations of the law.
- We expect external companies and/or persons who work on behalf of 75inQ to comply with this code.
Internal rules of conduct
- Volunteers and employees of 75inQ should keep interests at work and in private separate. It is in everyone’s interest not to create situations that could create a conflict of interest. or the appearance of a conflict of interest. The appearance of a conflict of interest can arise, for example, from family or romantic relationships in the workplace, between colleagues or between an employee or volunteer and stakeholders in the field. Such relationships must therefore be reported to the director.
- The use of equipment owned by 75inQ is done carefully and according to the applicable standards and rules. Private use of the internet and email is restricted.
- The use of 75inQ materials (including presentations, manuals, etc) is done carefully and in accordance with the applicable standards and rules. It is not permitted to use it commercially (by third parties), unless explicit agreements have been made about this in the context of a partnership.
- Declarations are submitted truthfully, on time and with substantiation and underlying documents.
- 75inQ offers a pleasant and safe working environment. This means that volunteers and employees treat each other in a collegial and respectful manner. Discrimination, aggression, bullying and (sexual) intimidation are not tolerated.
- Complaints about undesirable behaviour can always be discussed internally in confidence with the director. It is also possible to report such complaints to the confidential counsellor. 75inQ has appointed an external confidential counsellor who is available for advice and support.
External code of conduct
- Dealing with external relations
- Volunteers and employees of 75inQ have a correct attitude towards external relations such as donors.
- External relations are always treated with respect, regardless of their origin, religion, ethnicity, political opinion, or their behaviour. Verbal or nonverbal expressions of a discriminatory or sexist character will not be tolerated. We speak respectively about our external relationships during working hours but also outside working hours.
- We handle information from external relationships with care and confidentiality. Their privacy is respected, and information is stored properly. The available knowledge is not used improperly, and the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are leading.
- Volunteers and employees do not perform ancillary positions that could conflict or compete with 75inQ’s interests. Ancillary positions of employees are only permitted with prior written permission.
- When organizing and sponsoring activities any appearance of conflict of interest is should be prevented when engaging with external parties. The appearance of a conflict of interest may arise, for example, through familiar, romantic or relationships with an employee of an external party. Such relationships should therefore be reported to the director. In the event of a potential conflict of interest, the employee cannot independently enter into financial obligations with the party concerned.
- Volunteers and employees do not make any statements with third parties (press, external relations or private individuals) that could damage the functioning or image of 75inQ.
- Everything mentioned above about a correct attitude also applies to statements and behaviour on social media taking into account the substantive objective of the organization.
- Gifts from relations
- 75inQ does not mind if a volunteer or employee occasionally accepts a gift with a limited shelf life, such as a bunch of flowers or a bottle of wine from which someone who wants to express their appreciation.
- 75inQ wants to prevent that business gifts could be seen as consideration for a service delivered or yet to be delivered (for example not fully negotiating the price).
- It is not permitted to accept gifts or gratuities from a relation with whom discussions or negotiations are taking place at the same time about a possible assignment.
Reporting violations of rules or standards applicable within the organization, by others than yourself, can be done with the director or external confidential councilor. For further explanation please consult the Complaints Procedure.
- Once a year there is a reflection moment on compliance and application of the code of conduct.
- Despite this code and other measures, practical situations may arise in which it is not immediately possible to give a clear answer to the question of whether something is possible or not. 75inQ wants to be transparent about its actions and offer volunteers, employees and external parties the opportunity to respond. 75inQ takes these reactions seriously. For questions, comments or suggestions regarding the code of conduct you can contact the director.
- The code of conduct will come into effect on 1st April 2022 and can be updated by 75inQ management.
01 April 2022